Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Days as an Intern in NYC


The Betsey Johnson Showroom

This is a sequin layout that I designed.
If you look in the bottom left corner, you can see the sequins and
beads that I had to place on the pattern that I made.




I spent the Summer of 2007 living and working in New York City. I served as a design intern for fashion designer, Betsey Johnson. At my school, we had to complete an internship in order to graduate and I was really fortunate to get such a great opportunity to work for Betsey. Most of my days were spent running errands, hunting down samples of various laces, trims, etc., drawing flat sketches of samples, designing sequin or embroidery layouts, or even getting lunch for Betsey! I learned so much about the design process in my summer there and I will never forget it! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from my summer on Fashion Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment