Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Favorite Things: Makeup Edition

Today, I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite makeup products! Usually I like to try new things and switch it up, but these things I am pretty brand loyal to.  Give them a try!

1. Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna: I wear this everyday on the top of my forehead and on my cheekbones. It gives my skin a little more life and color. It's especially essential in the winter months when I am at my palest!
2. Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in Light: I don't use much concealer; just under my eyes and on breakout areas. This one is light but provides good coverage. 
3. Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner: I just started using this recently and I love it! It goes on smooth and you don't have to sharpen it, which is awesome. I have the brown (lionfish) and black (stingray)
4. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil: I was introduced to this pencil by a J.Crew catalog. I was obsessing over the lip color used on the models and found a small note in the pages that said they were wearing this Nars pencil in the Red Square color. Since then, this has become one of my favorites. I never remember to reapply lip color throughout the day. This one will stay on all day so I don't have to think about it. I also have it in the Valkyrie color. 
5. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick: These are great multi-purpose products. You can use each individual color as an eyeshadow, blend them and wear it as one color on your eyes or cheeks, or use the lightest color as a highlight color under your brows. It gives your skin that healthy, glowy look. I use the Pink Quartz color.
6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: Does your eyeshadow every crease and get gross by the middle of the day? Well, mine did, until I started using this. It makes your eye makeup stay looking fresh all day. 
7. Urban Decay Eyeshadow: These colors are so pretty and shimmery. I'm not sure why I like these so much, but they just look good on and they go on easily. Most of the time I use Baked and Half Baked. But sometimes I switch it up and use Roach or YDK.
8. Nars Blush in Orgasm: I know, some people have issues with the name, but seriously, it is the most universally flattering blush. I don't have great skin, but when I wear this, I always have people tell me how pretty my complexion is. (weird!) I think Nars sells one every 50 seconds or something crazy like that. I promise..it's the best. As long as they make it, I will be buying it. 
9. Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel: So, I have pretty good eyebrows, but they are so blonde that you can barely see them. I need a little somethin' extra to make them show up. This is easy to use because the applicator is like a mascara wand and the color looks really natural. I have tried many different brow color products and this is by far the best! I use the Caramel version.



No comments:

Post a Comment