Monday, April 25, 2011

It's Complicated


When I saw It's Complicated in the movie theater, it quickly jumped to the top of my favorite movies list. Although I am familiar with a lot of movie directors and their work, I have never been drawn to the movies of a particular director before until recently. I realized that my three favorite movies (It's Complicated, Something's Gotta Give, & The Holiday) were all written and directed by the same woman, Nancy Meyers.  There is just something about the realness of her characters, the beautiful settings and set designs, and the music from the soundtracks that just totally charms me. In It's Complicated,  Meryl Streep's character lives in a beautiful home in Santa Barbara, California and owns an amazing restaurant called "The Bakery." It is all so wonderful, its like a dream world for me. I just finished hunting down all the songs from the movie and downloading them to my computer. (The only soundtrack that was released was of the original scores.) I highly recommend both watching the movie and getting the music. Lastly, this movie has a great cast! Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin, John Krasinski, Lake Bell... I mean, I love them all. Just watch it, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment