Saturday, April 9, 2011

Verse of the Week

Salisbury Cathedral - Salisbury, England - Summer 2006
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
                                           - Hebrews 12:11

On February 22 of this year, my Uncle Michael Barranco was killed instantly in a car accident. He was a very godly man who I loved and admired so much. This week, I want to share his favorite verse. He lived out the words of this verse every day and it's a great one for the rest of us to memorize and put in to practice in our everyday lives. I chose this picture with my Uncle Michael in mind as well. He was a very gifted architect and had a great love for European architecture in particular. I took this picture during my "study abroad summer" in London. This is Salisbury Cathedral in Salisbury, England; a few miles from Stonehenge.

* Please keep my Aunt and her three children in your prayers as they continue to mourn the loss of their husband and father.


No comments:

Post a Comment