Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Slim Aarons: Once Upon a Time

My best friend and fellow fashion expert, Kelsey, gave me a book a year or two ago filled with the work of a photographer named Slim Aarons. I had not heard of him at the time, but have since recognized his work everywhere. He is known for capturing the rich, royal, and famous in fabulous places. Most of his work that I love is shot in the 50s and 60s. It almost has a Great Gatsby feel to it. His book is called Once Upon a Time and I highly recommend it both for enjoyment and it looks great on a coffee table!


Bacall & Bogart - Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall with their son Stephen in Beverly Hills - 1951

Nice Pool - CZ Guest and her son in Palm Beach - 1955

Patsy Pulitzer - Patsy Pulitzer in Palm Beach - 1955

Penthouse Pool - Athens, Greece - 1961

The Kings of Hollywood - Clark Gable, Van Heflin, Gary Cooper, & Jimmy Stewart in Beverly Hills - 1957

Sundowners - Two women at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes - 1958
See more at PhotographerGallery.com

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Slim! Oh, how I would love for my life to be worthy of Mr. Aarons' photography! :)

    ps - Love the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! That would be a dream!! Thank you :) I thought it was time for a change.

    ReplyDelete