Thursday, September 1, 2011

Love for Laduree

While in Paris in September of last year, I got to go to Laduree and get some French macarons for the first time. And let me just say, they are absolutely heavenly. The store itself was beautiful and made us feel as if we were stepping back in time. The ladies behind the counter had their hair in buns and were wearing black blouses with white collars and pretty lavender aprons. The counter was covered in tons of different pastries and cakes, but the macarons are what they are especially known for. I bought 4 flavors; pistachio, caramel fleur de sel, raspberry, and vanilla. I know this sounds weird, but the vanilla was actually my favorite! Well, they just opened a Laduree store in NYC this week and I am so excited. I have already requested that my brother go buy some and ship them to me. Can't wait!!








1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting and am BEYOND excited for this!

    ReplyDelete