Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Special Painting for My Friend

One of my very best friends, Christine, is getting married this weekend. For the last 5 years, she has invited me and the rest of our friends to her lake house on Lake St. John in Louisiana. We call our annual girls weekend "Lake Shake" and it is very special to all of us, especially now, because we all moved further apart after college. I took a picture of this awesome tree on the pier a few years ago and recently decided that I wanted to paint it. After I started, I realized that would be such a special thing to give to Christine and her fiancé Clay as a wedding gift. I gave it to her recently at one of their showers. I loved the way it turned out and I hope they love it too!

Me and Christine with the finished painting at her shower :)

the original photo I took, that I used as the base for my painting






No comments:

Post a Comment