Friday, March 1, 2013

Oscar Night

I have always wanted to have an Oscar Party and this year, I finally made it happen!  I had so much fun coming up with all the ideas for decorations and food. I even found an Oscar Bingo game on Pinterest that was lots of fun!  
Here are some of the pictures from the party:

I got most of the decorations from Oriental Trading, but I made the pom-pom cocktail stirrers myself. I used small trimmed strips of tinsel and hot glued them to the ends of bamboo skewers that were cut down to size. It was so easy and looked soo cute!

Beasts of the Southern Wild Wings and Frankenweenies




For Les Miserables, I got some French Baguettes and French cheeses (brie and chèvre). It was delicious!!

For the cocktail, I made the Starlight Punch recipe from Mrs. Lilien's Cocktail Swatchbook. It was so good, I had to make another batch halfway through the party! I also gave a copy of the book as the bingo prize! *see below for recipe

Chocolate dipped tuxedo strawberries for Amore'

I rimmed the punch glasses with gold sugar for a little added sparkle

found this fun little game on Pinterest
Me and Haley enjoying some punch






Cheers!











No comments:

Post a Comment