Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Beauty Buys

1. Lavett & Chin Sea/Salt Texturing Mist - I bought this at J.Crew today. I have always wanted to try a sea salt spray because my naturally wavy/crazy curly hair never looks better than when I am at the beach. I tried this on my air-dried hair tonight and I love it! I can't wait to use it again!

2. See by Chloe perfume - With notes of jasmine, ylang ylang, vanilla and musk, this is a great summer scent that is fresh, floral and a bit fruity. 

3. Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Rose - This balm is super moisturizing, has an SPF 15, and the color looks like you have a natural flush to your lips. It's perfect for summer days when you don't feel like wearing any makeup.

4. Old Spice Deodorant in Fiji - Yes, I use men's deodorant (thanks to my cousin Julia for the tip!) It works way better than any women's deodorant I've ever used and the smell is nice and fresh and not too masculine. 

5. Sonia Kashuk Oil Blotting Papers - These are an absolute must for me in the summer. Mississippi humidity and heat are no match for my super oily skin. I can easily go through several of these a day. They take away the shine on your face without taking off your makeup. I like this brand more than the blue Clean and Clear ones because these are white. Unlike with the blue ones, if you are using these in public, other people won't be able to see the giant oil spots left behind on the sheet. Great for mid-day touch-ups!

6. Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen - This is a great smelling formula that isn't too thick and dries quickly. 

7. Philosophy Falling in Love perfume - another good summer scent with notes of jasmine, vanilla, lily of the valley, musk and blackberry. It's clean, feminine and a bit sexy. 
(I also use the lotion in this scent - love it!)

8. Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen - I use this just on my face.  It doesn't break me out, which is good because I like to keep my makeup light in the summertime and that's hard to do with blemishes. 

9. Loreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Mist - seriously the best and most fool-proof self tanner that I have found. 

10. Tarte Cheek Stain in Tickled - I use this a lot on my "no makeup" days. I fill in my brows, put on a little brown mascara, and then dot this on my lips and cheeks. It gives me a nice rosy glow and it smells great!


Do y'all have any good summer beauty secrets to share? What are some of you favorites?




No comments:

Post a Comment