Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Mixology Practice: Take 1






On my way home tonight, I stopped at Fresh Market to get a few things and I got a bit carried away in the beverage section. They have so many unique sodas, sparkling waters, juices, etc. I probably came home with about 10 different ones! I decided to concoct a cocktail using one or several of them. While it turned out to be very pretty and pretty tasty, I would say it could still use some tweaking. Here is what I came up with:

1 part simple syrup
2 parts Jack Daniels
2 parts Dry Vanilla Bean soda
1 sprig of rosemary

I shook the first two ingredients with the rosemary in a cocktail shaker to get them nice and cold and then poured it into a glass and topped it off with the soda. I garnished it with the rosemary sprig and voila! I liked it as is, but when my Dad took a sip, he said it was a little too bitter for his taste, so I added a splash of apple cider. I think that sweetened it up just a touch and gave it a fresher flavor.

I plan on trying all kinds of combinations until I can find the perfect one. Unfortunately, I can't keep doing it all in one night, or I will be down for the count! :)  Would anyone like to share their favorite concoction?




No comments:

Post a Comment