Sunday, December 29, 2013

Nancy Meyers

When I compare my favorite movies, most of them have one thing in common. They were either written, directed and/or produced by Nancy Meyers. A few of her biggest hits include: Something's Gotta Give, It's Complicated, The Holiday, Father of the Bride I & II, The Parent Trap, and What Women Want. The first 3 are among my top 10 favorite movies ever. There are several characteristics that are ever-present in a Nancy Meyers film: a gorgeous, dream-like setting, realistic and endearing characters, and great musical scores. Hans Zimmer is her composer of choice and I believe his music perfectly captures the moods of her films. I think I have the soundtracks to several of these too! My favorite thing about the previously mentioned movies, is the settings in which the characters work and live. Although they are mostly unrealistic, they are just beautiful. If you haven't seen any of these movies, I encourage you to do so as soon as you can! I have heard than Nancy's next film, The Intern is set to come out in 2015. I will be anxiously awaiting it's release for quite a while, so in the meantime, here are few still shots from her movies to hold us over!


from Something's Gotta Give






from It's Complicated






from The Holiday











Aren't they beautiful??



No comments:

Post a Comment