Sunday, March 2, 2014

Boho Baby

This Saturday, I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower, along with 5 other ladies, for our dear friend, Haley Morgan. Haley and her husband Will are expecting their first baby, a girl, in May! Our shower's theme was "Boho Baby". I really wanted to do something different with the theme and decorations; not the typical baby shower decor and pastel colors. Haley used to work at Anthropologie and has a very eclectic, "boho" style, so I thought it would be the perfect theme for her! The shower was held at 10:30 in the morning, so we served brunch items including cheese grits, sausage balls, yogurt and granola parfaits, mini chicken and waffles, pink cupcakes, and coffee punch. We used all Mississippi pottery for the serving pieces, either McCarty or Peter's, in the jade color. For the decorations, I chose colors of hot pink, yellow and orange with a pop of pale turquoise. I will elaborate more on the fun decor below. Overall, it was a great event with good friends, good food, and lots of lovely gifts for baby Liza!


the invitation


Haley, "Liza's mommy"

The flower arrangement (done by me) was made up of three pottery pieces stacked on top of one another and filled with sunflowers, ranunculus, gerbera daisies, bells of Ireland, gladiolas, succulents and bright green reindeer moss. 





I made giant tissue paper flowers to hang from the chandelier and tassel garland to hang from the ceiling


I hung pictures of Haley and Will as babies on the mantle for guests to look at



Vanilla buttercream cupcakes that I made from the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook






Haley and her hostesses :)

We love you Haley! Can't wait to meet baby Liza!! 



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning!!! Jennings, you have such a gift!!! I wish I lived closer! I would hire you to help me with every occasion! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete