Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Restaurant Review: Rise

A few days ago, my Mom and I decided to go to Trader Joe's to get a few things. I had never been and had heard great things, so I was excited to check it out! Before we went in, we decided to stop for lunch in the area. We stumbled up this restaurant called Rise which was in the same shopping center. It looked cool on the outside, but I was a bit skeptical having never heard anything about it. I was totally taken back as soon as we walked in the door. We were immediately greeted with an upbeat "Bonjour!" and I knew I loved it already. I am a total Francophile, loving everything French. The atmosphere was that of a cozy French country home with handmade ceramic plates, recycled wine bottles, French music, unique dishtowels for napkins, twinkle lights, stone walls...need I go on? They specialize in soufflés, which is where the name Rise came from, I assume. I ordered the Maryland Crab soufflé which tasted like a light and fluffy crab cake. For dessert, we shared the key lime soufflé which had fresh whipped cream and key lime infused sugar on top! So delicious! Oh and one more thing - we found out that Rise is a favorite of George and Laura Bush. Apparently, they eat there at least twice a month. So, if you are in the area, check it out! I will definitely be going back.


My crab soufflé


hand-made plates and antique mismatched silver


a cool glass bottle light fixture

fresh mini baguettes on an antique "guillotine" cutting board

antique chain-pull toilettes

hand towels by the sink in the hallway

French soaps and a cool concrete farm sink



1 comment: